Please read the following for more details and our FAQ’s:
- What does the school license cover?
The license enables all students and teachers to use the Skoolbo program at both school and home on whatever platform (tablet, desktop, web) they wish.
- How much will the school need to pay in future years?
Nothing! The Forever Free means that you will never pay the school license fee.
- How will Skoolbo pay its bills?
Firstly, we do everything possible to keep our costs at a minimum – we don’t have fancy offices and we travel up the back of the plane! We’ve spent more than $5 M creating Skoolbo, but through our partners at Microsoft, we are able to supply the service for exceptionally low amounts per student. We do of course have bills to pay, and the main way that we will obtain revenue is through the parents who choose to purchase the inexpensive reports for $6.95.
- When can schools get started?
Right away! Skoolbo Common Core has already launched.
- What age groups should I use it with?
Skoolbo is great for all elementary school children, but our particular favorites are the ones below 8 years of age. This is where we see the greatest improvement of all. Many schools also find considerable success with older students in need of further consolidation of foundational skills. It should also be noted that we have also had a great deal of success with English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
- What technology can schools use?
Skoolbo is available on:
- Tablets - iPads, Androids
- Desktops - PCs and Macs
- Through the web browser - this is an HTML 5 version and is playable on most modern internet browsers
The tablets and desktop versions are downloadable apps. These enjoy wonderful 3D graphics and they are the versions children most enjoy playing. The web browser version is a simplified environment that is useful when schools have difficulty deploying the app versions on their network. We strongly recommend tablets for children aged 6 and below.
- Do schools need a one-to-one technology environment?
No, Skoolbo has been designed to work effectively in both a one-to-one and one-to-many environment. Students are able to use any device and their data automatically syncs to the cloud and across devices.
- Does Skoolbo also work offline?
Yes, Skoolbo works offline and syncs the data when it finds a connection.
- Can Skoolbo be played on an interactive whiteboard?
Yes, Skoolbo shows brilliantly on an interactive whiteboard. The actual program was still designed more for single child use, however, we have seen many classes successfully employ it in this way. Furthermore, we are currently working on some great multi-player activities designed especially for interactive whiteboards and data projectors.
- Can the children use Skoolbo at home and is there an additional charge?
Yes, we encourage children to use Skoolbo at both home and school. They are able to use whatever devices they have access to at home, and the data will automatically flow between home and school. No, there is no additional cost for students to use Skoolbo at home. The 3D apps are free to download and there are no "in app" purchases.
- Is there any advertising on Skoolbo?
No, there is no advertising on Skoolbo.
- Do parents have to purchase additional reports?
No. Shortly we will be releasing additional premium reports for parents which they may purchase for $6.95 - these are completely voluntary.
- Will teachers receive premium reports?
Yes, teachers and schools will have access to a wide range of reports, all of which are included in your Forever Free license.
- What is the recommended usage of Skoolbo?
We recommend 4 to 5 twenty minute sessions of Skoolbo a week for optimal learning.
- Do the teachers need to set tasks for each child?
No, the Skoolbo Spiral Learning Algorithm ensures every child receives appropriately differentiated curriculum. Teachers may, however, choose to set particular tasks for their students to more closely align with the topics they are working on at that time.
- Have you finished developing Skoolbo?
No! We have spent four years and over 100,000 development hours creating Skoolbo. There's no question it's been a big effort, however, we are still bubbling with ideas and have many exciting upcoming developments. Our full time development team comprises of 16 super passionate educators, programmers and graphic designers / animators.
- How does Skoolbo ensure privacy and online safety?
- Can schools suggest improvements?
Yes please! We particularly love it when teachers, parents and especially children give us some brilliant suggestions.
- What support can schools get?
Please contact us any time on email@example.com or (310) 736-1766. Please let us know how we can help!